Saturday 6 April 2013

Currently...









































1 Wearing: My J.Crew Flower Lattice Necklace – I’m obsessed and it seems to go with everything, which is good seeing as I’m wearing it with everything.

2 Watching: Girls – Love it! If you’ve been living under a rock, it’s about 4 young twenty-something women living in New York who are trying to sort their lives out after college. It focuses on their relationships with each other, with friends, lovers, bosses, ex’s, parents. The characters are so self-absorbed they’re not even that likeable (I wouldn’t want to be friends with any of them) and be prepared to see Hannah naked in every episode! It’s at times painfully raw, embarrassingly real and I think I enjoy it so much because I can relate to it – we’ve all been there or know someone who has - the scene where Lena Dunham’s character, Hannah, is face down on the couch awkwardly trying to pull her tights off…oh the humiliation! I can’t wait for Season 3.

3 Reading: ‘They Storyteller’ by Jodi Picoult. The main character, Sage Singer strikes up a friendship with an old man who is highly respected in the local community. One day he confesses his darkest secret and asks Sage a favour: to kill him. An Amazing novel about forgiveness and redemption – riveting and thought provoking it’s Picoult at her best. I was hooked from page one and couldn’t put it down.

4 Buying: Jumpers, sweatshirts and knits for Autumn/Winter. I’ve already started layering these on even though the weather in Melbourne is still in the mid twenties. The 'Hello' sweatshirt by Hello Merch is so comfy and soft.

5 Eating: Easter Eggs - I have so many left over I’ll be eating them for months.

6 Drinking: Pimm’s and Lemonade – my all time favourite with or without mint, cucumber, orange slices and strawberries.

7 Wishing for: A new parka – doesn’t need to be expensive but I need to replace my old shabby looking one. I do like this J.Crew version and I've spotted a couple of cheaper ones on ASOS too.

8 Listening to: Justin Timberlake: The 20/20 Experience. I love me some JT and I’ve been enjoying this on my long drive to and from work.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I think I'm the only one who doesn't have a hello sweater yet! Gosh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're $25 in certain sizes now - you have to snap one up! They're so cozy.

      Delete
  2. oh god, what you said about Girls is soooo true. I just tried to think what I even like about them, and the only thing I came up with is that Marnie is pretty, Jessa has pretty hair, I love Sho's speaking voice, and Hannah....is fun to watch. But I would never want to be around them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much exactly what I like about them! Shoshanna is the best - that voice, and she has the funniest scenes!

      Delete
  3. Need to start reading Jodi.

    Girls...you are right, they are all bloody annoying. Why o I keep watching?

    I found end of season 2 weird but that episode with the doctor was hypnotic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must start reading Jodi - I don't think she's written a book I haven't liked. I really like some of her earlier books.

      On Girls, I found the end of Season 2 bizarre also, they nearly lost me but then I was hooked again. Lena Dunham is genius!

      Delete
  4. Love the sweater :-)
    Tnx for visiting and following, followed u back ( as Ivana, no pic) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear!! Like always thanks for your sweet comment, I am delighted to know your opinion :)
    By the way, i like your post very much, your blog is so cool and fresh :)
    I would like to know your opinion about my new post at; http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Pimms- definitely the ultimate summer drink. Thanks for your sweet comment - haveee started following your blog now! xxoxoxo

    http://www.fashionplaytime.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sweety! Thanks for stopping by and I heartly appreciate it! This is such an amazing post! (: New post on my blog! Are we following yet? Stop by me soon! xx

    With love ❤.
    www.fashionholicsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great that you are getting ideas from this piece of writing as well as from our discussion made at this time.

    Feel free to visit my web blog ... Diet plan

    ReplyDelete
  9. บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ปี 2022 เกมให้เลือกเล่นมากกว่า 1,000 เกม amb superslotสล็อตเล่นผ่านเว็บ ก็ได้เช่นกัน สมัครเล่น SLOT สล็อตออนไลน์ superslot.li

    ReplyDelete

© A Little Slice Of. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig